Thursday, December 09, 2004

Ya'll Must Be Crazy!

I was watching the news this morning, and heard about a couple in Florida who decided to launch a strike against their children because they wouldn’t help out around the house and acted like little jerks half the time. The parents pitched tents in the front yard, leaving their 12-year-old daughter and 17-year-old son inside to fend for themselves. They only go inside the house to use the bathroom and shower.

In all my life, I’ve never heard of anything more ridiculous than this. I mean, haven’t they ever heard of a good ass whoopin’? I’ll be damned if I’m going to pay the bills in the house, provide the food, cable and other essentials/desires, only to move out and live in the yard because I can’t keep my kids under control.

What the hell is wrong with people wanting to do all this negotiation with kids today. What happened to the days when children respected elders…when parents commanded the kind of respect that makes situations like these unheard of?

I think it’s sad, because it’s clear the parents thought the whole thing was a neat idea. They created all these picket signs and made a huge spectacle of the situation. While they did manage to embarrass their kids into at least a hint of submission, they should truly be embarrassed for showing the world what pathetic parenting skills they have.

When I was growing up, I had chores to do every single day I lived with my parents. Even during my adult years when “life” forced me to hibernate in my childhood room for a while, I still had chores to do. I just don’t get those people. Why would you leave your own house to prove a point to people living there who can’t support the operation without you?

My advice to those parents…Take your asses back in the house and commence to unloading the greatest ass whoopin’ of all time. It’s a much faster solution with more permanent results.

…And leave all that textbook parenting to all the childless people who write those dumb-ass books!

6 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Rod said...

I'm right there with you. The parents did exactly what the kids wanted, leave them the hell alone. If they really wanted to make a statement, stop paying the damn bills!
The sad thing is, this is a physical manifestation of parenting today ... no one is home and they expect the children to learn responsibility on their own. Kids aren't that smart, retrospective in not something you get until you are in your 20's. Those kids need to know who runs the house, and what will happen if they don't listen.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Jdid said...

I actually blogged about this type of parenting last month
http://jdidthoughts.blogspot.com/2004/11/me-and-you-aint-friends.html#comments

Its ridiculous how silly soem parents are these days. Meanwhile the kids are basically laffing their heads off at them

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jason Hooten said...

Hi, just doing a Blog circuit to see if I could find anything to read this morning...man there is some vomit at Blogger...If I see one more crazy wacky fun Anime site written in that horrible Blog ShrT HnD I'm gonna have a freak session. It was so nice to come across your blog with "content," and "witty observations."

I wish you much luck getting out of the corporate world and getting your book done. I decided to leave the CW myself. Just up and quit because I was tired of those working the least, taking the most cigarette breaks, spending corporate cash on The Olive Garden, and generally pissing me of, getting all the credit and zooming up the Corporate Escalator (no, thanks...I'll take the stairs.) I'm now unemployed much longer than I assumed I'd be and I'm being quite creative in ways to get by. But, I have a soul...wanna buy it? Sell it to ya cheap!

Take care, and keep writing.

Jason

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger jon said...

book school store are so expensive. I agree, We have been looking for book school store all night for a new book school store class but havent been able to track down used book school store that I can afford. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at you book school store blog...

jon

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous parenting styles said...

Hey Blogger,

... twinkles in my eyes ... thanks to your blog Ya'll Must Be Crazy!.
Can I make a comment? Keep posting your ideas and thoughts.
They provoke some interesting thought and inspiration during my hunt for info on parenting tips .
Thanks again.

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous teen parenting said...

Hi Blogger, I've been surfing the net for some information on parenting skills . I had a look at this site on parenting skills , but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. And then I came across "Ya'll Must Be Crazy!". Some interesting thoughts there! So I thought maybe you might have some ideas on good sites to visit? Well, either way I shall be back to read more. Thanks for the inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

«xBlogxPhilesx»

Blogcritics: news and reviews

< < blackblogz > >



Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Registered!

Listed on BlogShares