Monday, December 13, 2004

On Second Thought, Don't Look at My Booty!

Okay, the Christmas party was cool until the carolers showed up. A troop of five singing characters all decked out in Ebenezer Scrooge-era gear came prancing in just as we were finishing dessert. They held us hostage for 20 minutes as they sang each verse and chorus of all the Christmas songs you love to hate.

But, other than that, it was cool.

However, when I compare the events of the Christmas party with the happenings at the after set, I must say the Christmas party was a smash hit hands down. Talk about lame. I’ve never seen such a lame crowd in all my life. I went there looking for someone to give me some attention. But after seeing the prospects in that place, all I wanted to do was run to a corner with a bottle of joy juice and hide.

First off, I felt like I was the oldest person in the place. It was a party given by members of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity—the one known for exceptionally fine men. However, this tribe of Kappas was an entirely different matter altogether. This must have been the “we should have never crossed your ass” Kappa crew. There wasn’t a single face there that I thought I could look at on a regular basis.

So, my girl and I sat and drank some blue drink with a glow stick in it called Hypnotic. It was pretty nasty, actually, and I constantly had to keep adding Sprite to make it consumable. We smoked a couple of squares and tried to get into the music, but couldn’t take anymore after about an hour. The place had a DJ who was actually trying to mix songs together without using headphones. So all night, we listened to random beats that never matched up. So, we took our asses home with headaches and no phone numbers or potential dates.

That was it. No hooplah. No fanfare. No nothing. Just a boring Friday night.

My ex called, though. He left a message on my cell phone asking me to come pick him up from the same bar he couldn’t leave until 4:00a.m. last week. I just deleted the message and went to sleep.

I’m still in that room, Big Sis.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend didn’t get any better either. And the Bengals lost too! Damn!

11 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger JCole said...

The party sounded like a bust. The Bengals? You know they were playing the Patriots right? They didn't have much of a chance, sorry. I liked reading your blog though.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger JustMe said...

Whoa, JCole:

The Bengals played some great football yesterday (aside from the three turnovers that cost them the game). I cannot stand the Patriots! So yesterday's loss was particularly disturbing to me. Are you actually a Patriots fan? If so, I love ya anyway... :-)

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Jdid said...

oh man and I thought the party was going to be hyped. oh well.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Fiber said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a Bengals fan....
Huh.

=)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger JustMe said...

Fiber! JCole! Wassup, ya'll. Of course there are Bengals fans in the world! We're just among the "few." But we're "proud" nonetheless.

Oh, and just in case you're wondering...yes, we are going to the playoffs... At least that's my prediction.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger o said...

You're the second person I've heard talk about this hypnotic nonsense. Since Solitaire doesn't drink, I don't know what it tastes like. But it suuuuure is hilarious to hear what others think of it! Forget what Jay Z and R Kelly and whomever else in the rap game think of it! LOL!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger JustMe said...

Solitaire:

Hypnotic is some bullsh*t to say the least. It tastes like blue rubbing alcohol. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. It took me two hours and damn near an entire can of sprite to be able to finish mine (I was broke and it was free). I wouldn't recommend it to an alcoholic with a pickled liver!

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Bleek said...

awwww, why u have to call my frat out like that??? lol, just messin sorry my frat didn't set it out for u.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger JustMe said...

Bleek, I am normally a Kappa fan. But this tribe would have embarrassed you too...trust me!

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

«xBlogxPhilesx»

Blogcritics: news and reviews

< < blackblogz > >



Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Registered!

Listed on BlogShares