Thursday, December 16, 2004

Help! Stalker!

I’m being stalked by one of my coworkers.

Last Friday, at the Christmas party, I must have had a bit too much joy juice. For whatever reason, I told my coworker that I write a blog. I think he brought up something I thought would make a great topic. Without thinking, the mention of my blog came falling out of my mouth, and since then, he hasn’t let a single encounter escape him without asking me for this URL.

DAMN!

Me and my big mouth! The wine wasn’t even that great! And now, I’ve got a relentless stalker who says he’s “determined to get the address one way or another.”

There’s no way I could continue working at my company if he knew the writer of this content was me. It’s not that I say things that are too controversial or discuss work issues at great length. But the things I write about are way too personal to share with coworkers. I know this blog is titled “I Ain’t Scared to Say It!” And I’m not. It’s just that I don’t want to say it to everybody. The veil of anonymity is what makes an honest woman out of me.

And to top off everything, my stalker happens to be marrying my boss’ best friend. So he has too many ties to the enemy camp to get a thorough briefing on my personal life.

All this shit is my fault though. I usually have enough sense to control my behavior and fluid mouth at office functions. But I guess this time, I was too charged about potential booty onlookers to maintain the appropriate lockjaw.

But what is most odd, is this coworker’s apparent obsession. I get emails on a daily basis, and embarrassing reminders when we pass each other in the halls. Because of his endless questioning, now others in the office know my blog exists. Considering I write half of this crap on the company server, I could become one of those unemployed casualties of the blogging phenomenon sometime soon.

My coworker and I are not very close. In fact, we’re not close at all. Why he is so interested in my business is beyond me. It’s obvious that he means me no good, since he is fully aware of my concerns yet won’t stop badgering me.

So word to the wise for all my fellow bloggers who may sometimes suffer from fluid mouth the way I do…NEVER MENTION THAT YOU WRITE A BLOG TO ANYBODY AT YOUR JOB.

Oh, and any advice for taming this stalker would be most appreciated. I’m running out of polite ways to say, “no.”

8 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Fiber said...

Eh, just give him some random URL.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I just gave my best friend my blogs' URL after about 2 years, and it was plain weird knowing she could read it.
But coworkers - hell no.
Good luck with that!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger JustMe said...

Fiber,

I thought about the random URL strategy, but then I'd be afraid that either: 1) he wouldn't believe the content was mine and would continue to badger me or 2) the writer at that URL might say something that could get me in even more trouble. Maybe he'll just give up one day...

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jdid said...

actually its pretty easy for folk at work to track your internet habits through your history etc so i suggest you delete all traces of blogger from your site and change your profile just in case :-)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger o said...

Give him my URL if you want. I'll post a good Jamaican cussin as an opening message if you want. LOL.

No, don't do that. Then he'll mistake my craziness for yours and report it to The Man. You know how it is. 3 of us together, we're plotting 'revolution'. 3 of them together and they run the world.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger JustMe said...

"You know how it is. 3 of us together, we're plotting 'revolution'. 3 of them together and they run the world."

Solitaire,
You said a mouthful with that one! You are sooooooooo right. I truly believe this guy would use the blog against me the first chance he got. And I KNOW my business would be all the rave during his social encounters with our boss (since his wife-to-be is her girl).

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

doh!! damn booze. :(

tell him that he bugged you so much (and made you feel so uncomfortable) that you just deleted it.

then thank him.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger saidy said...

you should def tell him that you deleted it. and do not blog from work. all he has to do it pay off the IT guys and he will have blackmail for days.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my iphone finally did it died. I m leaving the states for a few months and i will need a knew phone, all stores near me are sold out of the iphone 3g S. So i was wondering what would be the easiest phone to grasp after using an iphone for a year.



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

«xBlogxPhilesx»

Blogcritics: news and reviews

< < blackblogz > >



Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Registered!

Listed on BlogShares