Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Father Forgive Us, For We Obviously Know Not What We Do

Kerry has conceded to Bush, so it looks like we’re on the verge of another four years of fuckery. So, for all my international friends out there, I’m looking for a new place to call home. Any ideas, please holla at me quick.

Yesterday, when I was watching the election coverage, they interviewed one woman in Columbus, Ohio who said she told her family she was moving to Canada if Bush made his way back to the Oval Office. I guess her bags are packed by now…

Four more years of this shit! I cannot believe it. I am truly baffled to know there are so many people in this country who felt Bush deserved another term. I can’t possibly fathom what reality they live in. ‘Cause the one I see in America these days is far from acceptable.

I guess the world is just so caught up in The Matrix of a comfy-cozy existence that they’ve missed all the warning signs that are way too blatant to ignore. Isn’t anybody alarmed that this man has everybody so frightened that they willingly give up their own rights to privacy to escape terror threats that never seem to happen? How was he so able to convince people that he is our great protector when none of this bullshit happened until his ass got in office?

Doesn’t anybody care that we went to war, lost more than 1,000 troops and injured at least another 7,000 more for no reason at all? Do people really think he’s protecting us when he says that the one person (Osama Bin Laden) who supposedly attacked us isn’t on his radar screen anymore?

Wasn’t Bush the same dude who sat reading school books to children after his aids informed him that the country was under attack? Isn’t he the same mo-fo with all the ties to Bin Laden’s family in the first place?

Don’t people think it’s odd that the two industries that have benefited most from this whole war business are the oil and defense industries—to which this man has extensive ties? The bottom line is…how in the hell does America trust Bush? At the very least, the people have to smell a rat here!

Don’t they care about the fact that the life he’s creating for our children will be of less quality than the lives we enjoyed as youngsters?

Don’t they care about the fact that he was never a legitimately elected president in the first place? Why are we placing our livelihood on someone who robbed us in the first place? That’s like getting jacked for your purse on a Friday night, and sending the offender a “thank you” card on Monday.

I just really don’t get this whole thing at all. Am I the one who’s crazy here? ‘Cause I’m really not sure how I’m supposed to feel.

Certainly, I have no power to do anything about it. I used my power yesterday, and it didn’t work.

It is what it is. Bush is in…Kerry’s out…and our government works on an agenda that does nothing for the people except make things more expensive, less safe, less private, less comforting and more impossible to manage.

I don’t know about the rest of ya’ll, but this election has floored me. I am at a loss for words…and that’s not the kind of problem I usually have.

So now, the job search that started out local and moved to national has now expanded to international proportions. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to escape…my family and everybody I love is here in the states. And considering the state of the rest of the world, I’m not sure I’ll find anyplace I like better. But maybe what I need is not “better;” maybe it’s just “different.”

Different is what I was looking for yesterday. Since I didn’t find it, the search is on to change my landscape into something a bit more my speed.

I don’t want to be paranoid! I don’t want to spy on my neighbors in the interest of national security! I don’t want to have to deal with yellow, red and orange terror alerts every hour on the hour. I don’t want to hear my president on TV acting like he’s only got a sixth grade education. I want a president that can pronounce “nuclear” with no problem.

I want a president who works for the people and not in spite of the people. I want a president who puts diplomacy above battles. I want a president who doesn’t go skipping around the world looking for new countries to bomb.

I want a president…

But instead, I’m stuck like Chuck with four more years of Bush. And that means four more years of Condoleezza (whose name sounds more like a venereal disease than somebody’s offspring). It means the gas prices aren’t going down, and it means that life is no closer to returning to normal than it was on September 12, 2001.

Damn people! How could you do it? How could you elect this man (I would say “re-elect” had he been truly elected the first time)? How can you trust Bush?

I just don’t get it at all…

9 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

http://www.harpers.org has A reader’s guide to expatriating on November 3. that may help.

me, i'll take my chances in the USA. :)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Michael said...

awesome post. Keep up the good work, and keep rockin.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Ariel said...

couldn't have said it better myself even if i tried.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Daddy said...

Amen, Sistah!!

His evil fuckery is only outdone by his nimwitted dumbfuckedness.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger JaG said...

I'm with you. You could always move to Holland. Not that his country is that great lately but at least we don't have your president.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger JaG said...

*his = this

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Halfmad said...

Okay, now I want more! Throw another post our way.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger JaG said...

Thanks for the link!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger gastips said...

Nice Blog! Its great how useful the internet can be with its wealth of information. I will try and visit you blog on a regular basis to help you out.

If you want any Gas Saving Tips feel free to visit aaa gas prices

See ya soon.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

«xBlogxPhilesx»

Blogcritics: news and reviews

< < blackblogz > >



Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Registered!

Listed on BlogShares