Thursday, October 21, 2004

I Got A Crib, Ya'll!

Okay…I’m not homeless. In fact, I’ve truly pulled a George and Weezy with my new home. It’s really funny how God works. Just when you think something can’t be done, He pulls a last-minute rabbit out of His hat that completely changes your perspective.

This whole moving thing was one such situation. Everybody knows why I had to move. And everybody knows how pathetic my options were looking all of one week prior to my scheduled move date. Yeah…the situation was getting ugly for a minute, and I was not trying to have to move home to live with my folks again after 30.

So just when I had abandoned all sense of hope, (less than seven days before my move date, in fact) I got a call from one of my best friends. She’s got a crib to die for that she just bought about a year ago. It’s the perfect starter home, especially for a single female. It has four levels, including a finished basement, and plenty of room to grow. The only problem was that none of the units were available. And anyway, I only had one week to find a place and move into it. Every bit of wisdom I had suggested that you just can’t buy a house that fast—especially if you have credit that looks like mine.

But, my friend called nonetheless to report that her neighbor (who lives only two doors away) was moving to the West Coast to take care of her father who was ill…and she wasn’t coming back. Originally, the woman wanted to rent out her townhouse, but the person she was going to rent to flaked at the last minute. At the time of my friend’s call, the woman had less than two days to come up with a solution for unloading her home.

So, I called her.

“Hi, this is Justine, Aldree’s friend. I’m interested in your townhouse.”

“Oh yes! I’m glad you called. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about this place. Did Aldree tell you what happened?”

“Yes, she told me. And I would say that I was sorry for your trouble, but I’m actually kind of excited about it instead.” I knew Aldree had given her the scoop on my interests, so I wasn’t fearful she would think I was a smartass by that last comment.

“Yeah, she told me you’d been in love with these townhouses since she bought hers. But I’m not sure that I want to rent mine anymore. It’s just going to be too much trouble. And with everything that I’m going to face when I get to my father’s, I just don’t want this house to turn into a burden for me down the road.”

“I wholeheartedly understand,” I said, now trying to sound more sympathetic and less giddy. “Would you consider doing a land contract on the place? I can’t buy it outright at this moment, but in a year, I could. The land contract would obligate us both.” I was truly winging it because I didn’t know a damned thing about land contracts. Turns out, she didn’t either.

“I might be willing to consider that. Why don’t you stop by so we can talk about it?”

I got to the woman’s place on Monday evening, and brought my mother along to help with the comfort factor. Most people who meet my mother just assume that I have common sense because she’s so grounded. I’ve made it a habit over the years that, whenever possible, to bring Mom along before I settle on a place to live.

Mom and I did the grand tour, although I already knew the place was exactly what I was looking for. After the tour, we went down to the family room in the basement to talk particulars. Mom convinced her that the land contract idea was the way to go, because it would bind both parties on an impending sale. But even though our logic made sense, the woman naturally needed to consult her own network just to be sure.

So, I left the house that Monday evening still with no place to go on Saturday when it would be time to move.

Tuesday, I called the woman to follow up. She had been so consumed with her arrangements to get to the West Coast, that she hadn’t had a chance to check my background and solidify our game plan. So, I went to bed that evening with homelessness still on the horizon.

But then Wednesday rolled around. She was already on the West Coast, but she called to tell me she had completed all the background checks, and was happy to have me as her temporary tenant. She said “temporary” because she would come back in one month to convert the lease to a land contract.

God is truly good all the time.

So I have moved into my new crib and my only problem is coming up with enough furniture to fill it the way it deserves to be filled. I’m in no particular rush, since I’m going to buy the place.

I certainly appreciate the concern of friends like BeautifulTalker who has inquired about my well-being during my prolonged absence from this blog. It has been a rough month, but one that ended on the best possible note there could be (especially since winning a lottery with Oprah money as the jackpot wasn’t an option).

I’m back, BEEYATCH!

11 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Matt the Hat said...

Congrats!

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a order credit report site. It pretty much covers network marketing lead related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have some really good websites below that can help you with credit repair and legal law forms.
You can also check out the news section at "Latest Legal Articles"

Preparing legal documents has never been easier
with our library of forms, agreements, and checklists. It is valuable to small and growing businesses and entrepreneurs.

Have you ever needed a legal form but didn't know where to get one? Have you ever wanted to cover yourself in a legal agreement or make sure that those you love are protected? FastLawForms.com is an easy to use online legal forms provider that can and will save you thousands of dollars of lawyer's fees every year.
www.fastlawforms.com

Repair your own credit , Credit Repair is an ongoing matter for many consumers. Consumers have paid up to $500 or more to credit repair companies who follow this same process to remove their credit errors. Without credit you can't get a car, travel, loan money, or even get mortgage.

www.creditrepair.fastlawforms.com

Have you been victimized by credit repair companies? Many companies promise or guarantee to clean up your credit report so you can get a car loan, a home mortgage, insurance, etc. In reality, they can't deliver what they promise. You pay them hundreds dollars in fees and these companies do nothing to improve your credit. Many of them just disappear.

Everything a credit repair companies can do for you, you can do for yourself at no cost. No one can do a better job in repairing your own credit as you can. You are the only one responsible to make sure your credit report is accurate. Our guide will help you every step of the way.

www.creditrepair.fastlawforms.com

www.governmentgrants.fastlawforms.com
If your application for credit is denied due to information supplied by a credit bureau, the company you applied to must be liable to provide you with that credit bureau's contact information. Furthermore you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report if you've been denied credit within the last 60 days

Disputing credit mistakes or outdated items is free. Just ask the credit reporting agency for a dispute form or submit your dispute in writing, attach any supporting documentation. Always send them a copy instead of the original

www.creditrepair.fastlawforms.com Team

www.dogidea.com

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Ultimate Marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Ultimate Marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger charity said...

Hi,Blogger I was looking for credit repair tips and I came accross your real good blogI Got A Crib, Ya'll!! A lot of people must feel like saving it! Keep it up! Today I'm looking to see if I find anything better for to stop the robbing bank and credit card companies than credit repair tips. Because how important would it be for you to have this self help program which promises to raise your FICOs in 45 days, double credit limits, get more cards, slash payments or stop collection calls and stop bankruptcy, paying cards off at 73% discounts, or eliminate $25K of them 100% with TILA, and much more. Don't you feel that you deserve credit repair AND a 720 FICO score, too! So do I and you can see why I'm looking forward to checking anything on credit repair tips because it certainly could help find the best credit repair kit. And because when you're in deeply in debt like me and can't get credit you need and afford what attorneys or so called pros want to do the job, you have to try to see what you can do yourself. And doesn't it make sense, just like the FTC suggests, for YOU to clean up your own credit report with a kit. You don't have to check my preference-site/blog and see the help you get for pennies, but maybe you could get excited enough about having better credit. Let me know what you find, if you like.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger charity said...

Hi, Blogger I was looking for credit repair information and I came accross your real good blog I Got A Crib, Ya'll!! A lot of people must feel like saving it! Keep it up! Today I'm looking to see if I find anything better, which I doubt, to stop the robbing bank and credit card companies than credit repair information. Because how important would it be for you to have a self help program which promises to raise your FICOs in 45 days, double credit limits, get more cards, slash payments or stop collection calls and stop bankruptcy, paying cards off at 73% discounts, or eliminate $25K of them 100% with TILA, and much more. What if you said "bullcrap" to all of that. Well with no credit or poor credit you better be a millionaire, because you're going to need cash, lots of it. Well you're only 15 minutes away from being a millionaire! So see my website right away! Make a note, it's http://tinyurl.com/apxuo Forget the credit repair and the 720 FICO score, too! With money you don't need to be checking anything on credit repair information because you certainly won't need to find the best credit repair kit. And because you'll be able to afford what attorneys or the so called pros want to do the job, you don't have to see what you can do yourself, like the FTC warns you should. You don't have to check my site/blog and see the help you get for pennies. And you don't have to keep track of me, but you should, because I can show you HOW TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN JUST 15 MINUTES IF you have an open mind. Or you could be a THOUSANDAIRE a week with Google Cash at http://tinyurl.com/cz9pp Maybe you ought to check out all three of my sites.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger hope said...

Hi, Blogger I was looking for credit repair tips and I came accross your real good blog I Got A Crib, Ya'll!! A lot of people must feel like saving it! Keep it up! Today I'm looking to see if I find anything better, which I doubt, to stop the robbing bank and credit card companies than credit repair tips. Because how important would it be for you to have a self help program which promises to raise your FICOs in 45 days, double credit limits, get more cards, slash payments or stop collection calls and stop bankruptcy, paying cards off at 73% discounts, or eliminate $25K of them 100% with TILA, and much more. What if you said "bullcrap" to all of that. Well with no credit or poor credit you better be a millionaire, because you're going to need cash, lots of it. Well you're only 15 minutes away from being a millionaire! So see my website right away! Make a note, it's http://tinyurl.com/apxuo Forget the credit repair and the 720 FICO score, too! With money you don't need to be checking anything on credit repair tips because you certainly won't need to find the best credit repair kit. And because you'll be able to afford what attorneys or the so called pros want to do the job, you don't have to see what you can do yourself, like the FTC warns you should. You don't have to check my site/blog and see the help you get for pennies. And you don't have to keep track of me, but you should, because I can show you HOW TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN JUST 15 MINUTES IF you have an open mind. Or you could be a THOUSANDAIRE a week with Google Cash at http://tinyurl.com/cz9pp Maybe you ought to check out all three of my sites.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger nixhyip said...

Hi, Blogger I was looking for credit repair tips and I came accross your real good blog I Got A Crib, Ya'll!! A lot of people must feel like saving it! Keep it up! Today I'm looking to see if I find anything better, which I doubt, to stop the robbing bank and credit card companies than credit repair tips. Because how important would it be for you to have a self help program which promises to raise your FICOs in 45 days, double credit limits, get more cards, slash payments or stop collection calls and stop bankruptcy, paying cards off at 73% discounts, or eliminate $25K of them 100% with TILA, and much more. What if you said "bullcrap" to all of that. Well with no credit or poor credit you better be a millionaire, because you're going to need cash, lots of it. Well you're only 15 minutes away from being a millionaire! So see my website right away! Make a note, it's http://tinyurl.com/apxuo Forget the credit repair and the 720 FICO score, too! With money you don't need to be checking anything on credit repair tips because you certainly won't need to find the best credit repair kit. And because you'll be able to afford what attorneys or the so called pros want to do the job, you don't have to see what you can do yourself, like the FTC warns you should. You don't have to check my site/blog and see the help you get for pennies. And you don't have to keep track of me, but you should, because I can show you HOW TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE IN JUST 15 MINUTES IF you have an open mind. Or you could be a THOUSANDAIRE a week with Google Cash at http://tinyurl.com/cz9pp Maybe you ought to check out all three of my sites.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger hyip101 said...

Hi, Blogger I was looking for credit repair tips and I came accross your real good blog I Got A Crib, Ya'll!! A lot of people must feel like saving it! Keep it up! Today I'm looking to see if I find anything better than what I have, which I doubt, to stop the robbing bank and credit card companies than credit repair tips. Because how important would it be for you to have a self help program which promises to raise your FICOs in 45 days, double credit limits, get more cards, slash payments or stop collection calls and stop bankruptcy, paying cards off at 73% discounts, or eliminate $25K of them 100% with TILA, and much more. What if you said "bullcrap" to all of that. Maybe you think the answer is MORE INCOME not credit. Could you get excited about ending the day with $100 for every $10 you started with or $500 for every $50 - and that's just the start? You just found it...and we can prove it to you beyond a doubt. This is NOT about risky HYIPs - we're talking about a guaranteed formula because when you place small sums in certain places, you collect $100 to $1,000 every day without fail because it is NO gamble. Just check it out at http://tinyurl.com/brqod

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

«xBlogxPhilesx»

Blogcritics: news and reviews

< < blackblogz > >



Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Registered!

Listed on BlogShares